Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Learning about the Alamo


“Remember the Alamo!” What does it really mean? What comes to mind when you think of the Alamo? Well when I think about the Alamo I know it’s a battle that we lost but we had pride and no backed out. Every time I pass by the Alamo I stare at it and I can picture in my head a battle going on with men on horses with swords going every which way.
When I recently went to visit the Alamo, I learned plenty of things I did not know about but it was very interesting. Something that caught my attention is the rectangular grass area in front of the Alamo is known as the heart of the Alamo. Also when you walked inside the Alamo it was a church too, and back then when they had the battle the Alamo didn’t have a roof like it dose now. Walking around the Alamo I walked in a room where it had a black and white photo of a man named Jose` Francisco Ruiz who was a native of San Antonio de Bexar, before I died he was known for being a solider and state man; he also commanded the Alamo Company.
If you get a chance go to the Alamo and walk around. I’ve been to the Alamo before but only the front area I never until recently walked into the Alamo and looked at everything. It really makes you think and I can say I proud to live and be a part of my city, the good ol’ San Antonio!

No comments: